About Gregory Barnes M.D.
Dr. Gregory Barnes performs surgeries at multiple hospitals in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Over the years, he developed an obesity surgery program that uses a comprehensive approach to help you lose weight and live healthier. In addition to offering effective surgical weight loss procedures, such as Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, and Revision surgery, Dr. Barnes provides a variety of support programs, nutritional and psychological counseling sessions, and follow-up care to ensure you are losing weight safely and successfully. Dr. Barnes also offers free seminars that encompass a range of topics relating to weight loss surgery and combating morbid obesity. He views the surgical weight loss process as a team effort between patient and physician. He believes education, communication, and commitment to your ultimate goals will offer you the best chance to succeed. We don’t believe in simply conducting a surgical procedure; we grant you access to personalized support before your surgery and long after it.
Education and Memberships
Dr. Barnes has been trained and educated at some of the best medical schools in the U.S. These include:
- The Western Pennsylvania Hospital – Temple University Medical School, Western Clinical Campus – General Surgery Residency, Chief Resident
- Baylor College of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine
- The University of Texas at Arlington – Bachelor of Science in Biology – Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Gregory Barnes, M.D. is also a member of some of the most prestigious medical organizations in the world, proving his commitment to excellence and recognition by his peers. Some of these organizations include:
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Surgeons (Associate)
- North Texas Chapter American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
Contact Us Today
If you are considering surgery to combat morbid obesity, you need an experienced, compassionate doctor you can trust to provide successful results. Dr. Barnes, a skilled bariatric surgeon serving Dallas, Fort Worth, and Plano, is a respected medical community member. He has been trained in some of the finest medical institutions in the nation. For more information on Dr. Barnes’s extensive medical background, schedule a consultation by calling 1-855-227-6371 (1-855-BARNES-1).