So, you have considered weight loss surgery solutions, but you are still not sure if it’s right for you. That’s normal; there is a lot of information on the subject to consider.
Which Weight Loss Procedure Is Right for You?
Barnes Bariatric Solutions always seeks to help patients solve problems. Let’s discuss some of these problems, as well as, post-surgery benefits:
- Everyone experiences pain from time to time, but people who are overweight can suffer from it more often. Maybe your knees ache to try to walk upstairs, or your ankles swell up on just a short stroll. Getting excess weight off your body helps to relieve your joints so you can enjoy normal activities without pain. Imagine playing in the backyard with your pet or resting on your knees to garden and not having to ice your joints afterward!
- Type 2 diabetes. There are many risk factors for developing Type 2 diabetes, including being overweight or obese. Bariatric surgery can help you to become free of diabetes.
- High blood pressure. The majority of people who get bariatric surgery have “significant, long-term blood pressure improvements” or become completely free of high blood pressure after they start to slim down, according to a study. High blood pressure can cause problems with your arteries, heart, brain, kidneys, and eyes, according to the Mayo Clinic, so regulating your blood pressure is important for your overall health.
- Self-image. Extra weight can be an obstacle when it comes to relationships of all kinds. Many people report more attention and kindness from others after significant weight loss, and that can be a big self-esteem boost!
- High cholesterol and high triglycerides are also very prevalent in obese patients. Weight loss surgery helps resolve high cholesterol issues in the majority of patients.
Of course, these are just a few of the many benefits to weight loss surgery.